Digital filter and its advantages and disadvantages!
When designing a digital filter, it is important to follow step-by-step instructions from specifications to implementation. All design possibilities are open to all designers. Most digital signal processing experts use some digital filter theory, in particular the major research efforts, the approximate approach to finding a useful method for calculating the filter factor.
What is a digital filter?
This is a network or system that can change the waveform, amplitude, phase, frequency, and other characteristics of the signal. The main purpose of using the filter in digital signal processing is to improve signal quality by reducing noise by subtracting or combining the desired part of the signal. Basically, in signal processing technology, this is an algorithm implemented by software and hardware to create the digital output signal of the input signal obviously in the desired way. It works with a routine filtering algorithm that displays some variables, numbers, or digitized analog signals on certain hardware or software.
Real-time digital filter has an analog input. First, the bar restriction limits the analogue signal to transform a periodic pattern and transform it into a series of binary patterns. Secondly, a processor is used to process these input sequences to output sequences using a calculation mathematical algorithm. Then, the processed signal is transformed into an analogue signal, reducing some unwanted components
- Linear phase response
- Thermal and environmental variants can not change performance
- This so-called adaptive filter since frequency response can allow programmable processor
- There is a possibility to filter multiple input sequences without hardware replication
- All data can be stored
- Repeatable power unit.
- Its operating level is low in frequency, where using an analogue system is not practical.
- In reality, the digital sequence has a much lower bandwidth than the analogue sequence. The processing speed is a key factor in calculating the performance of a complete device. In fact, the speed mode depends entirely on the amount of arithmetic operation in the processor.
- The finite word length caused by quantized noise and round noise, another major disadvantage in the calculation
- is the design and development of digital sequences, although other tasks or for applications as well. Typically, computer support-based design can turn them into pleasant tasks.
Source by sbobet th